Bioscope - A Flash back - 19th March 2007

A news about an up coming wedding came in today. My memories went back to 19th March 2007. The day that my wedding got finalised.

Just as in a typical Indian scenario, the match making was "arranged" by parents.
My father was clueless about who RJ (my Father in Law) was. All he knew was, the would-be groom's family were pious, simple, smiling and very down-to-earth people. He was satisfied that the groom to be was professionally qualified like his daughter and seemed courteous (& shy) by nature. No questions asked, the decision was taken.

I was the one having a sudden bombardment of a thousand questions in my heart. It was really overwhelming. "Me?" "Getting married?" "Sharing space?" "Adjusting?" "Accommodating?" ...on those lines...

Another set of questions like "What am I taking up?" "Am I prepared enough to accept the transition from Miss to Mrs.?" "What about the roles I've got to play now?" "Customs?" "Ways of the family" "Handling relatives" "What about balancing the new set of people with the old set?" "Career shift?"

I remember calling up my Granny in Mumbai. "Granny, I am scared. I don't know the gravity of the new role and responsibility that is going to come. More over, What am I going to do in that new family? What will happen to this family? "

Granny laughed and said "Have an open mind".

Am I open enough?? the question still lingers

Comments

Angel's Flight said…
Totally what our granny would say!

and for the records you are doing a stellar job in ur new life :)

Popular posts from this blog

The month of Aadi

Memories of my Baby shower

Sasthi-Abda-Poorthi