Castles

Henry David Thoreau says,

"If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them. "

This is what most of us fail to do. We fail on two counts. One neither is the castle a perfect enough to project our real dream/Vision nor do we ever put efforts enough to start laying foundations for that castle.

Building a castle has to be done by an architect cum an engineer. Not in literal terms. As an architect, I know, the technicalities of what exactly is my perception. As an engineer, I know, what it takes to convert that perception into a reality.

The far more important point is that, I, as a person, should know that that dream castle of mine is still far ahead of mine. I should start building my foundations (of the right proportion, at the right way with a correct timing) so that reaching my castle is made possible. But the journey does not end there.

Life is still a journey. The castle is not my destination. It is only a location. From there, I have the real building to start. Only thing, with my foundations, it is a superficial construction for me. But there too if I am not careful, lapses would make the castle ugly and unfit to live in or live with. I need time for building, curing time, make finishing touches.

My castle can be accommodative. Not too flimsy.

"Miles to go before I sleep".. .. I might have built my castle in the air. Ever since I am working like a insomniac to make a walkable path towards that. Am I having the right roadmap yet. That's something that my Sixth sense should tell me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The month of Aadi

Memories of my Baby shower

Sasthi-Abda-Poorthi